WHAT DOES A WEDDING PLANNER DO | HOW TO PICK & QUESTIONS TO ASK
Ever wondered what a wedding planner does and if you need one? Our post answers all the big questions with helpful tips on what to look for & how to choose.
What Does A Wedding Planner Do?
What a wedding planner does is make planning your big day as stress free as possible. They help you prepare a realistic wedding budget, help book the entertainment and venues
to fit your preferences, getting you good deals on vendors and going over vender contracts to make sure they are in your best interest, making a timeline of what is supposed to happen on your big day by who, and even helping you plan and book your honeymoon.
How to Pick a Wedding Planner
Choosing a wedding planner can be difficult and overwhelming. After all, how do you know who is good and who is not, especially if you do not have any friends or family members who can recommend a good a wedding planner to you? Here are some tips that will help you.
1. Choose what service you want or need.
There are different types of wedding planners. Full service wedding planners will handle everything, from catering to venue to entertainment. But there is also partial service wedding planners who handle venue booking and day-of coordination. Partial service planners are cheaper, but they leave more work for the bride and groom to do.
2. Interview prospects
Choose a few planners that interest you and interview them in addition to comparing prices and services. Ask them if they have professional training, what types of weddings
they have worked on in the past, and how long they have been in the profession. Also ask for reviews and recommendations from past clients.
3. Keep Cost in Mind
Have your prospective wedding planners planned weddings with budgets similar to yours? A good wedding planner will be able to get you the best service for the best price because they can cut deals with a variety of vendors. Also make sure to ask what the total cost will be and if the planner's fee and caterer's fee will be covered in that.
Questions to Ask a Wedding Planner
Here are some questions for a wedding planner
- 1. Are you available on my wedding date?
- 2. What's the average cost of the weddings you plan?
- 3. What sort of services do you offer?
- 4. What is your main specialty?
- 5. How many weddings have you planned?
- 6. How many weddings will you be working on during the process of mine?
- 7. Have you planned other weddings at our preferred venue?
- 8. Do you handle payment processing and contract services?
- 9. Are there specific professionals you work with? What is your process for hiring them? Do any of them offer client discounts?
- 10. Will you advocate to make sure our wedding will be our vision?
- 11. Do you handle invitations, guest lists, and RSVPs?
- 12. Do you do destination weddings?
- 13. Will you coordinate delivery and arrival with the florist, caterers, and musicians?
- 14. What are some ideas you have for our wedding?
- 15. What is the biggest wedding disaster you have had to deal with, and how did you fix it?
- 16. How often will we communicate? Do we meet in person or through phone?
- 17. How will you help me stay within my budget?
- 18. How do payments work?
- 19. Do you have preferences?
Planning a wedding is difficult, but with the help of a good wedding planner. No matter you are looking for a beach wedding planner or indoor wedding planner, with a good planner you can enjoy a little more time to yourself without have to stress out on venues, catering, entertainment and more.